We are Westminster College. We’re closer than you think, nestled within the charming town of New Wilmington, just one hour north of Pittsburgh. We study hard, priding ourselves in strong academics, outstanding faculty, and individualized attention with our 11:1 student to faculty ratio. We expand horizons with opportunities to study abroad and make connections with our strong alumni base. We encourage participation, sponsoring 22 varsity sports, 18 honor societies, and more than 80 clubs. We’re a platform for spiritual freedom, providing the independence to think and participate in what’s most important to you. We’re a place to call home to nearly 1,200 students each year. Be a part of something real.
At A Glance
The mission of Westminster College is to help students develop competencies, commitments and characteristics that have distinguished human beings at their best. The liberal arts tradition is the foundation of the curriculum continually designed to serve this mission in a rapidly changing world.
The College sees the well-educated person as one whose skills are complemented by ever-developing values and ideals identified in the Judeo-Christian tradition. Westminster’s quest for excellence is a recognition that stewardship of life mandates the maximum possible development of each person’s capabilities. The College thus realizes its mission to people who as students:
- Develop intellectual curiosity and the competencies to reason logically, evaluate critically, communicate effectively, imagine creatively, appreciate and produce aesthetic and creative expressions of humanity;
- Acquire a knowledge and appreciation of self, society, human cultures, and the natural world, and human relationships to God;
- Develop and demonstrate moral and ethical commitments to neighbor, society, and the natural world consistent with the understanding of self;
- Commit themselves to lifelong learning and the acquisition of skill for careers and responsible service as world citizens.
3 Things Families Should Know
- We are an exceptional educational value, ranked among the top 25 colleges in the nation for “Best Value for the Money” by College Factual.
- 98% of graduates are employed or attend Graduate School the year following graduation.
- More than 90% of students get real-world experiences by participating in field-related internships.
Top Majors or Programs of Study
Our 51 majors and professional programs prepare students to succeed on any career path. Sometimes the path is obvious, like our pre-med students who are accepted to medical school, but more often it’s not, like an English major who works for a tech start-up company or a history major who works for a major investment firm. Top majors include:
- Biology/Pre-Health Programs
- Business Administration
How To Apply
In addition to our free online application or the Common Application, you will need to do the following:
- Send your high school transcript and transcripts from all colleges you have attended.
- Submit SAT/ACT scores (optional but recommended).
- Send two letters of recommendation (optional but recommended).
- Visit campus and interview with one of our admission counselors. Please schedule your visit here (optional but strongly recommended). We offer on-campus visits Monday – Friday and many Saturdays, virtual visits Monday – Friday, and various Open Houses and Events.
Virtual Tour of Campus Link – Be Here Without Being Here
CONNECT WITH WESTMINSTER ADMISSIONS
319 South Market St. – Remick House
New Wilmington, PA 16172